Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 31, 2021

TWO MILESTONES AS JANUARY ENDS

 For most of the lifespan of this blog, it has been common for posts to be published at intervals of weeks and even months. And unfortunately, when life as a missionary or parent or teacher got most interesting, posts often grew particularly sparse. 

At the end of 2020, though, I made a commitment to myself to write and publish something on a daily basis for at least 30 days. Today marks day 31. 

(Pardon me while I pat myself on the back for keeping my promise even in the midst of starting a new job, learning 80 new students and their unique personalities, and navigating unfamiliar technology for grades, attendance and online classes.)

Maybe someday what I have written here will be of interest to my kids, and I suppose it is currently helping my wife know what's going on in my head. (I'd rather write than talk most of the time.) But the only one I am absolutely certain will benefit from my internal drive to blog here, now and into the future, is me. 

I feel like 2020 was a year of monumental growth for me. My family and I went through some hellacious stuff. But God is faithful and good, and if we have eyes to see and ears to hear, God can redeem any suffering that life brings our way. 

I would hate to lose any of the lessons the Lord has taught me (and continues to teach me) and the best way for me to make them stick is to write them out. 

Plus, writing is cheap therapy.


And the second milestone? Tonight ends the 21 day sugar fast for Melissa and me. We survived - and even thrived - but I will have to report on the fasting experience another night ...


No comments:

Post a Comment