Natural questions arise:
"Why the change?"
"What does 'interim' mean here?"
"What will Melissa's role be next school year?"
"Are you guys planning to return to Haiti?"
"What's going on?"
For now, Melissa and I find ourselves in the midst of a period of discernment regarding recent years of ministry as well as the future. Some day I will be able to speak more freely about this season in our lives, but for now we need to be restrained.
Some things we can currently say with certainty:
- If it is God's will, we will happily return to Haiti in the next few months for an 8th school year at Cap-Haitien Christian School, as COVID-19 allows.
- Our hearts' desire - for the rest of our earthly lives - is to serve the Lord however and wherever He directs.
- The Lord has been speaking to us during this season and we are learning a lot. Praise God, we can count on challenging times leading to new growth.
- We are 110% in support of Kacie. She is an amazing young lady. The directorship of CHCS is one of the most difficult and stressful jobs on this planet. (I've had a front row seat and speak as one who is in the know!)
- We could use your prayers now more than ever. And, as always, we appreciate everyone who has supported our work in Haiti so generously in the past and those who continue to do so. (The virus has made finances tight as we need to continue paying rent and utilities in Haiti even as we have extra costs with our extended stay in the States.)
When this season has played out, we will look forward to sharing what we have learned and satisfying your curiosity as we are able. For the time being, we are in our old house in Columbus, Indiana and more than willing to catch up with friends and family in the coming days and weeks.
(If you want to contact us, I can give you current phone numbers if you shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.)