Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, February 1, 2021

PURE JOY

My conclusions from giving up sugar entirely for three weeks can wait until tomorrow. First, I wanted to follow up yesterday's post with a short explanation of one of the greatest lessons the Lord taught me in 2020.

I can now testify to the very real possibility of obeying what the Spirit commands in James 1:2-3 - "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because (There's that word again!) you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." 

I survived some crazy trials in 2020 and now I'm working on James 1:4 - "Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." I've got a long way to go, but it's an exciting period in my life.

To be sure, I miss Haiti. I love my friends, co-workers and students there and I long to be with them still. I have never gotten more satisfaction out of work, or felt a better fit, than during my time as a teacher at Cap-Haitien Christian School. Our departure from Haiti was painful (to put it mildly!) and I truly wish things had turned out differently. 

But I have found joy because the trials have strengthened my faith. And what could be a greater cause for celebration than that?

Therefore, I can honestly say I hold no grudge against any individual or organization and I would welcome reconciliation with absolutely anyone who has done even intentional harm to me or my family. And doubly so with anyone who feels I have done harm to him or her.

Joy crowds out any desire to bear a grudge, seek revenge, or nurse anger. (Besides, the Lord doesn't give us the option to do any of those things, anyway, especially in our dealings with brothers and sisters in Christ.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment