Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

MY SABBATICAL ENDS NEXT WEEK

 On Monday, January 11th, I will be stepping back into the classroom after over 6 months of sabbatical. (I started calling it that because "sabbatical" has a much more pleasant connotation than "unemployment".  And Melissa refused to let me call it "early retirement".)

I am rested and ready to go. 

I am grateful to return to Hauser Jr. High School to teach 8th grade English. This is where I taught sophomore English for five years before my family and I moved to Haiti in 2013. It's a great school with a very caring faculty, staff, and administration. 

I must admit it might feel a little weird to be back - both the world and I have changed quite a bit since I left Hauser. (I believe my change has been in a much more positive direction than the world's!) I would appreciate prayers as I have several steep learning curves ahead - names, curriculum, policies, and technology, among others.


6 comments:

  1. wishing you a great start, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The first day is in the books and it was a good one, all things considered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I always admire your positive attitude towards life and everything. Keep up the vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for opening doors for your family here in Indiana. We are grateful to have you home and know you will be sharing the Gospel wherever you are. May you all be blessed and grow in your Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. We certainly miss Haiti, but it is also good to be back in Indiana. We are so incredibly blessed on every front.

    ReplyDelete