Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, January 18, 2021

SUGAR FAST DAY 8

 At day 8, maybe Melissa and I have made it through the worst part of our 21 day sugar fast. 

Some people report headaches during withdrawal on day 2 or 3 as the last bits of sugar leave their systems. I must have had plenty of extra sugar in my system - I didn't get a headache until day 6! (Hard to shake the last molecules of chocolate covered Santas from my blood stream apparently.)

Melissa continues to work culinary magic with extremely limited ingredients, so we are not starving. (But this evening she tried to make some cookies with almond flour and sugar-free chocolate chips and let's just say that my one cookie was a "lifetime supply".) 

Yesterday we took our oldest daughter back to Olivet for the new semester - that's a 3 and a quarter hour drive each way. It was a bit of a hassle trying to stick to our fast since all fast food is strictly taboo. We had to buy vegetables at the Kroger near campus and eat them with some pre-grilled chicken as we drove back to Indiana. 

Not surprisingly, I have lost at least 4 pounds at this point. 

I haven't found myself seriously tempted to cheat yet. Even Saturday when we celebrated our youngest daughter's 14th birthday and I spent two hours decorating her cake, up to my elbows in marshmallow fondant icing. I actually find it easier to cut something out entirely than to cut back on it. The first involves one decision and that's that. The second leads to too many internal dialogues and too many opportunities to justify "just a little bit more". 




No comments:

Post a Comment