Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, January 10, 2021

MICE IN THE CLASSROOM

 I spent a few hours last Friday getting my new classroom prepared, making it my own. A co-worker stopped by with some information I needed for an afternoon rotation class and a friendly chat.

In the course of the conversation, she cautioned me that I may want to keep any candy or snacks sealed up tight because my classroom had a reputation for housing the occasional mouse.

Mice? Not a problem. At least not in light of the dozens of giant, nasty rats I killed over the past 7 years. 

I've trapped rats. Drowned rats. Clubbed several with a 2 by 4. I even flushed one down the toilet and stomped another to death in my bare feet (though that was purely accidental). 

Both of my dogs helped at various times.

And don't get me started on tarantulas!

Tarantulas and rats make mice look downright adorable in comparison. 

Whatever else can be said about going through tough times, big trials certainly put ordinary trials in proper perspective. In fact, they can help you overcome your fears, leaving you feeling almost invincible. 






No comments:

Post a Comment