Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, January 14, 2021

SUGAR FAST UPDATE

 Melissa and I have just completed day 4 of 21 on our sugar fast. Melissa is a little concerned over her blood pressure climbing. We're hoping that is just a side effect of this early stage and that it will pass soon.

As for me, I am pleasantly surprised at how few cravings I have for candy and sweets. Even better, it seems like my appetite overall has decreased. I am eating a very similar breakfast each morning - two fried eggs - and have no trouble waiting until lunch to eat again. I just don't have a desire to snack during the day.

Not surprising to me or anyone who has enjoyed her cooking, Melissa has managed to make some really delicious meals with seriously limited ingredients. We had some brussels sprouts the other night that were incredible. 

I'm not intentionally trying to lose weight, but as of this morning, after just three full days of the fast, I was down 3.5 pounds. (That's eating plenty of everything else, just zero sugar.) I'm smart enough to know that this weight loss cannot possibly be all body fat in that short of a time frame, so I assume it must be a drop in inflammation. I'm must be losing a bit of water weight. And it does seem to me that I am not nearly so achy when I first get out of bed in the morning. Melissa is also losing the achiness in her joints that has plagued her recently.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment