Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

DAILY WRITING

Somehow, I forgot to hit publish on what I wrote last night. I haven't made that mistake since early in this experiment of daily writing. 

The experiment is now one month shy of two full years. During that span of days there were fewer than 7 when I did not publish something. And most were during my trip to Ghana, on nights when I was sleeping at some sketchy guesthouses with no Wi-Fi. 

I have been thinking recently about what I want to do with this experiment once January 1st arrives. I don't have a great desire to go for year #3 doing the same thing. 

One of my goals was to get daily writing practice and another was to convince myself that I am a writer. 

It took almost two years to make "writer" a part of my identity, but I am finally there. 

And with that realization and a bit of math, I have concluded that in the time I have devoted to blogging each day, I could have written at least one book. Maybe more. 

So in January, I am going to attempt a habit transplant - swapping out blogging before bed with daily book writing progress. 

I won't be starting with a blank page - I currently have my own small book in rough draft and a book in conjunction with a friend in its early stages. Both are waiting for attention.

I anticipate continuing blogging regularly, but likely not daily. (Unless I work it into my morning devotions somehow. That could be interesting.)

We will see what happens. 

All I know is the time is ripe for my habits to evolve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment