Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, November 28, 2022

PREPARED IN ADVANCE

Francis Azaglo is a teacher in a small town in Ghana, but it doesn't pay much. To stay afloat, Francis started to look for some way to increase his family's income. 

About a year ago - with the help of a $1,000 loan from Mission Resource - he and his wife stocked a small shop on the main street where they could sell food (like fresh eggs) and household items (like superglue). 



Business has been good! 

As he finishes paying back his first loan, Francis has started thinking about the next step in the growth of his business: He would like to buy a freezer so that he could add various types of frozen meats to his inventory. 

So his next loan request will be 2.5 or 3 times as much as his first!

With so many of our clients requesting annual loans year after year - and each one bigger than the last - you can see why we are constantly in need of growing the revolving fund. 

Many of our clients use their loans as part of an annual business plan. They count on Mission Resource to have the funds available to build on the previous year's successes.

And so they are counting on me to get the word out and find the people who can financially support their climb out of poverty. 

I feel the pressure, but I also read Ephesians 2:10 literally:
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I believe my position with Mission Resource is right where the Lord planned to have me at this point in my life. 

And since I have assurance of God's advance planning - He does all the heavy lifting - I don't need to fear failure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment