Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, November 13, 2022

COFFEE

Some people are addicted to coffee. I am not. 

If the price of coffee doubled tomorrow, I wouldn't just cut my consumption in half - I would stop drinking coffee altogether. 

(That would be so that Melissa could continue to drink her coffee at her usual rate with no impact on our family budget. Because that's the kind of guy I am.)

And if I stopped, it would be cold turkey and it would not bother me a bit. (Although it might be a bit more difficult in the winter than in the summer.) 

I really only enjoy two things about coffee:

  1. It's warm.
  2. It reminds me I am an adult.

The flavor is OK, but I am more of a chocolate guy. And I am not really affected by caffeine, so that doesn't figure into the equation. 

Hot chocolate is warm and delicious, but it isn't as adulty. 

And besides, I can't afford all those extra calories.

So I guess to me coffee is the equivalent of "diet hot chocolate" - I drink it instead of what I really want because it's better than nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment