Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, November 5, 2022

COUNTRY CHURCH

Over the past three months, on occasion, I have been preaching at a little country church in Greencastle, Indiana. And I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a small but attentive crowd.

Actually, "crowd" is hardly the right word. The highest attendance so far has been 9. 

And that included me.

They are sweet people who lost their pastor to a nearby church at the beginning of the summer. 

The guy took a few of the members with him, and now the remaining congregation isn't quite sure how to move forward. 

I keep praying about how best to help them discern next steps. 

This weekend they will be having a "fellowship hour" in place of Sunday school. Melissa will be joining me for the first time. I am looking forward to introducing her to my new friends.

Last week, Caleb drove the 40 minutes from college to join us. He walked in half way through Sunday school - before I had had the chance to tell everyone he was coming - and some nearly fainted to see a young man walk through the door of the church!

Would you lift a prayer for this little flock as many struggle personally with health issues and together they determine the future of the church?





No comments:

Post a Comment