Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

HOLDING ON

Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.” – David Allen.

One of the clearest lessons I have learned in the past two years of writing on a daily basis is this reality. 

Writing daily has trained me to pay greater attention to my own thinking. 

An idea will often pop into my head during the day - while in the shower or walking the dog or studying the Bible - and if I don't write it down immediately, it evaporates, disappearing as quietly as it came. 

But even writing an idea down doesn't guarantee that I will "hold onto" it. 

I have come to discover that in order to truly hold onto an idea, it must be acted upon.

If the mind is for having an idea, it is the responsibility of the body - the hands, the feet, and the mouth - to hold onto it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment