Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, December 1, 2022

FAITH

As I have gotten more serious about my personal study of Scripture, I realize even though I am quite familiar with a number of key words which crop up again and again - love, peace, justice, glory, etc. - if I were pressed, articulating a coherent and complete definition would cause me great trouble.

One of those words is "faith".  

So I have been developing my own definition: 

Faith is the process of aligning my concept of reality with Reality as revealed by God. This is belief in God's Truth followed closely by whatever action that Truth demands. 

The starting point of this process is the belief that Jesus is the Son of God. 

But that belief is like stepping up to the starting line. It puts me in the right location, but what happens when the pistol goes off determines whether I am an athlete running the race or a spectator watching others run. 

Belief, in general, is only the first half of Faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment