Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, November 11, 2022

LIVING IT UP

After the Apostle Paul describes how he strives to "win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 3:14), he says that he expects other "mature" Christians to believe and behave in the same way. 

But he is open to some may not be as gung-ho as he is: "If on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you." (3:15)

Then Paul drops a sentence that is one of the most underappreciated in all of Scripture: "Only let us live up to what we have already attained." (3:16)

When I was younger, I was often frustrated with the slow progression of my Christian walk. I wanted to be Super Christian. Instantly. I wanted to live miraculously.  

And if it couldn't happen today, then tomorrow would suffice. 

With more and more days as not-so-super Christian, I finally decided that I had to be patient with God. He just doesn't move very fast!

Now I wonder at God's patience with me

It turns out that I wasn't ever waiting on God to move me to the next level, He was always patiently waiting on me to start living what He had already taught me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment