Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, October 8, 2021

THE WEEK TO COME

My school's fall break started at 3:00 today. We have all of next week off. (Incredibly, this signals the school year as a quarter finished.) Sarah's school is on the same calendar and Melissa is taking the week off from her job with Clarity.

Tomorrow morning Melissa, Sarah, and I are expecting three visitors from three different college campuses ... and our family of six will be reunited. This weekend we plan to celebrate Samuel's birthday late and Melissa's birthday early. Dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse. Some home-cooking. Hopefully a trip to an apple orchard. 

Early next week I will have the house to myself for 48 hours as Caleb, Hannah, and Samuel head back to school and Melissa and Sarah head out for a Mother/Daughter retreat with some friends. I have a stack of papers to grade and abundant house projects to choose from. It will be a good test of my time management skills. 

By the end of next week, my two doctoral classes kick off in earnest with Zoom meetings and introductory assignments. (Ready or not, here we go!)  Amazon dropped off another four books yesterday and two more are on the way. Fortunately, most are in the 200 page range, so not too difficult. I've always been a slow reader, though. I have finished two books so far and hope to conquer a few more while I still have some "spare" time. 

All in all, it looks to be a momentous week coming up. I'm heading to bed! I want to be as awake as possible for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment