Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, October 1, 2021

FREAKING OUT JUST A BIT

The reality of making a commitment to pursue a doctorate while working full time as an 8th grade teacher has officially set in. All it took was getting a good look at the syllabus for one of my two classes which stretch over the next six months:

  • Read two books and write a 5 to 6 page paper by the end of October.
  • Read two more books and write another 5 to 6 page paper by the end of November.
  • Read another book and write another 6 pager by the end of December.
  • Intensive classes on campus January 3rd, 4th and 5th. 
  • A 10 to 12 page final paper by March 1st.
  • A 5 page reflection by April 1st. 

Yikes!

The other class hasn't posted a syllabus or a reading list yet, so I am anticipating this is likely just half of what's around the corner. 

Upon reflection I had to laugh: I know that if the workload had looked too easy, I would have been even more unhappy. If I'm going to have a doctorate three years from now, I want it to mean something. 

I want to learn.

(But what have I gotten myself into?)


No comments:

Post a Comment