Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, October 18, 2021

BIG TIME

I once heard a preacher marvel at "how small a twenty dollar bill looks as we shop at Target compared to how big a twenty dollar bill looks as we put it in the offering plate at church". 

Ouch.

I suppose something similar can be said for time:

Ever notice how small 15 minutes looks when you're scrolling on your phone and how big 15 minutes looks when it is spent on reading the bible? How short an hour is when watching Netflix and how incredibly long when praying?

One of my current classes is requiring students to spend thirty minutes on Scripture reading and thirty minutes on prayer time each day, seven days a week. For the next three months. 

And I must confess that I groaned a bit when I first saw that outlined in the syllabus.

But then the professor said something like "You ought to be thanking me for that requirement. Imagine getting a good grade for spending time daily with God! Would you think it was overly demanding if someone required you to set aside an hour each day to spend with your best friend? Your spouse? Your child?" 

He has a point, yeah?


No comments:

Post a Comment