Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, October 10, 2021

BEING WRONG

I was being rather cynical the other day and didn't even recognize my poor attitude at the time.

My cynicism was in regard to the book list for one of my classes. I found that, of the six books I was required to buy for the course, one was written by the professor himself and another was edited by him.

So my brain immediately goes here: "Must be nice to teach a class and require your students to buy your book. Puts a little extra cash in your pocket, I guess."

But why go negative automatically when I know absolutely nothing about this professor beyond his name?

Answer: My sin nature, I guess.

And how did I eventually become aware of my kneejerk negativity?

Answer: I started reading the book he wrote.

It's practical, relevant, and well-written. I like it. I will use it.

And all of a sudden, my brain did a 180: "Isn't it awesome that I get to study under the guy who wrote this book?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment