Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, October 24, 2021

MY PROVERBS 31

Who can find a wife of noble character? (v.10)

Me. I did. It took me a while, but I did it. (With some Help.)

And twenty one years on, I have full confidence in her and I lack nothing. (11)

She brings me good, not harm, every day. (12)

Is she strong and independent? You better believe it. I don't know that I have ever met a stronger woman. (And I was raised by a strong woman.) (17)

And she puts that strength to good use in her work, about which she is incredibly conscientious. She is rarely idle - going above and beyond with her day job and now starting a little furniture painting business on the side. (And she's starting to turn a profit with it!) (13, 15, 16, 18)

Do I even have to mention her cooking skills? (15) 

And even though she cares deeply for me and the kids, her arms and attention are not for us alone. She is always ready to extend her hands to anyone in need, whether next door or in a foreign land. (20)

My wife is clothed with strength and dignity. And together we laugh at the days to come, firmly believing together that "The best is yet to be". (25)

I am so thankful for her wisdom and how she cares for our household day to day. (She even does the taxes each April!) (27)

The kids and I know what a good thing we've got. I don't praise her enough. (28)

Many women do noble things, Melissa, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting. Some day - years and years from now - you might lose your good looks, but you will always have what matters the most: a fear of the Lord! (29, 30)

I love you and praise you. And today we celebrate the first half century of your life! 



1 comment: