Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, October 9, 2021

SNOOPY

Snoopy atop the red doghouse, pecking away at his typewriter.

I came across this print a few weeks ago at a consignment shop and decided it was well worth $8 and a frame. 




It is now in my office to remind me of ...

  • The innocence of childhood. (I grew up with the gentle humor of Charles Schulz in the newspaper and on TV.)
  • The beauty of simplicity. (It seems to me that Schulz's drawings have power and appeal not in spite of their simple lines, but because of them.) 
  • The importance of practice, perseverance, and place. (How often was Snoopy found there on top of his doghouse cranking out page after page of writing in spite of frequent rejection letters from potential publishers?)


No comments:

Post a Comment