Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

ANNOUNCEMENT DAY

This morning just before the start of first period, a couple of my students walked into my classroom and asked, "Why are you leaving?"

I had been putting off telling my students about my decision to leave Hauser at the end of the semester, but I knew word would get around and eventually I would get to explain, especially since the school is actively advertising for a new 8th Grade English Teacher. 

Today was the day. I gave a little explanation at the beginning of each class.

It was the quietest and best-behaved my students have been in a long time. I took the opportunity to explain what Mission Resource International does, how important microloans can be to those living in extreme poverty, and what I hope to contribute to the ministry. It also gave me a chance to point my students to Jesus Christ, at least briefly. 

So it was a good day.

********

We have much to look forward to in the next week: Tomorrow our good friends, the Edler family, come for a week as they make the trek from Haiti up to Canada. AND over the next few days Caleb, Hannah and Samuel will all be coming home from college for Christmas break. We are about to test the limits of how many people can fit in this little house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment