Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, December 20, 2021

COUNTDOWN

Tomorrow I give three final exams, each lasting one hour and 40 minutes, and then I am pretty much done with my junior high teaching career forever.

Except for a bunch of grading.

With any luck, though, when I walk out of the school on Wednesday afternoon, I will be completely finished with my work, moved out of my classroom, and ready to turn in my key.

I have to admit that there is not much that I will miss in the least. And that makes me a bit sad ... and nervous ... about the future of education and our country. 

While I have been working within a public school, I haven't written much here about how broken our education system is, but I have much to reflect on.

There are no easy answers, and I am relieved to step away from the frontlines soon. 

Two more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment