Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

LESSONS LEARNED

I am still a few days short of completing my year of writing and publishing SOMETHING on this blog daily, but it is safe to assume I will successfully reach the finish line on Friday.

So I want to begin reflecting on what I have learned:

1) I am more opinionated than I realized.

2) Whether anyone else reads my words, writing daily has been a great benefit for ME, by helping to clarify my thinking. 

3) Publishing here has been an important part of the habit. It forces me to complete my thoughts and to edit them. 

4) I never experience "writer's block". 

5) Possible topics pop into my head randomly throughout the day, but if I don't immediately write an idea down, it is lost within minutes. 

6) My best editing decisions involve deleting words, sentences, or entire paragraphs. 


Now that it has become habit, I believe I will continue daily writing into the new year. It needs to evolve in some important way, but I am not yet sure how. 


No comments:

Post a Comment