Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

CHRISTMAS CONCERT

Last night Melissa and I had the pleasure of seeing Sarah perform with her school's show choir at their Christmas concert. 

It sure leaves me with mixed emotions to see her singing and dancing on stage. On the one hand, she is a GOOD dancer and a natural performer. She loves it and it shows. On the other hand, how is our baby girl wearing make-up and looking way-too-beautiful in a red sequined dress?

But if it feels a bit like stepping briefly into some alternate universe just coming into the performance for a night for me, it is only because I am not there watching her practice day after day at school and taking her dance lessons two nights a week on top of that. Dancing is a big part of her day to day reality now.

And I am thankful she has this opportunity now that we are back in the States.


That's Sarah, front row, second from the right. (And our friend Hannah Michel right beside her!)


Sarah, on the right, with her dancing buddies, Olive and Kate. 


Sarah with her proud mom and proud grandma. My mother sure would have enjoyed seeing Sarah perform. 


No comments:

Post a Comment