Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, December 3, 2021

BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

We know so little about each other and what goes on "behind closed doors".

This evening Melissa and I walked through our neighborhood in the dark, critiquing our neighbors' Christmas decorations. As we passed a particular two story brick house, I pointed and said, "That's the house." Through a wide window we could see a large, beautiful Christmas tree. The house was peaceful. It seemed warm and inviting.

But yesterday morning I was running Ginger through this same neighborhood in the dark of 6:00 am. 

And as I passed this same house, I heard a loud and angry teenage voice screaming from the upstairs, "I [expletive] HATE you! You're a [expletive] liar. All you do is lie! I [expletive] HATE YOU!" And then a door slammed very loudly. 

How incredibly sad. As I continued running, I prayed for true peace in that household.

And I wondered if that teen girl had anyone she could turn to.

And I wondered if those parents had anyone they could turn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment