Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, December 30, 2023

SCHOOL OF PRAYER

"Teach me how to pray."

I am guessing that over the long run, making a habit of this simple, straightforward request of God along with daily contemplation on the words of the Lord's Prayer will prove to be the most important development of my past year. 

It got started back in June when I came to the painful realization that I was woefully underqualified to preach on prayer - while I was in the pulpit with Luke's account of Jesus' teaching on prayer in front of me.

It was disastrous.

But the next morning, I began to ask the Lord to teach me and I began to meditate on the words of the Lord's Prayer. 

And now?

After years of stagnation, I am in the school of prayer. 

(OK, it's kindergarten, but I'm on the right path!)

No comments:

Post a Comment