Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, December 11, 2023

MY EYES

Mission Resource received a gift of $12,000 from a South Dakota businessman over the weekend! 

I sent him an email this morning asking if I could talk to him on the phone - I was curious about his connection to the microfinance work we are doing in Ghana.

I was glad to see him oblige my request immediately. On the call this man explained how he had made a trip to Ghana ten years ago and met a man who is one of our loan officers. The two stayed in touch over the years and now the businessman wanted to enable his Ghanaian friend to make a greater number of loans.

The businessman quoted a portion of a Bible verse which I had not heard before: "My eyes affected my heart". (Lamentations 3:51)

I could list all kinds of statistics about microfinance and the impact it has on those living in poverty, but there is something about seeing - truly seeing, with your own eyes - another human being's desperate circumstances that can move the heart to action like nothing else can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment