Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, December 23, 2023

CHRISTMAS EVE

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I am excited - I get to preach in the morning and then lead an evening candlelight service.

While I tend to be a bit Grinchy about Christmas itself (I am working on this!), I somehow always forget how much I love Christmas Eve. 

Especially the evening church service. 

By then - God willing - most of the hustle and stress are finished.

Or at least the end is in sight. 

And there is an hour of quiet reflection.

Carols are sung, candles are lit, and the most familiar sacred texts are heard once again. 

Hope for the future reaches heights unavailable throughout the rest of the year.

And, for all you know from your seat in the sanctuary, the entire world is united in wonder at God's gift to humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment