Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, December 17, 2023

CALENDAR

I finished some of my Christmas "shopping" this evening - I always create a calendar on Snapfish for everyone in the family. 

I've been procrastinating on this project (like I do every year) because it's time consuming, but once I get started, I enjoy the process. 

For one thing, I was glad to rummage around in the cloud and pull a few of the better photos from last year to get a little more exposure.

Even better, putting the calendar together reminded me that 2023 has been a great year. Outside of my mother-in-law's cancer diagnosis, the year was full of significant positive milestones and some memorable times out of town. 
  • Melissa switched from her kindergarten classroom to first grade.
  • Caleb graduated from Wabash College and started his service with the Army.
  • Hannah spent 5 weeks in Rome.
  • Samuel made more than $10,000 over the summer selling books door to door.
  • Sarah got into two show choirs as a high school junior, took leadership as a dance captain, got her driver's license, and bought her first car.
  • And I finished up two years of doctoral level classes and started into my dissertation while learning how to juggle missionary work with pastoring a little country church.  
There were trips to Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, and Florida with lots of time among family. 

But best of all, I feel I made some real progress spiritually this past year. 

God willing, there's much more ground to cover in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment