Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, December 16, 2023

NOTHING FOR CHRISTMAS

Melissa, the kids, and my mother-in-law are all a bit frustrated with me.

And it's because I can't answer a simple question: "What do you want for Christmas?"

I hesitate to write about this since it will undoubtedly come across as holier-than-thou, but it's what's on my mind tonight: 

We're about a week out from Christmas - and I can honestly say that I want nothing.

Absolutely nothing. 

I have all I need and more. 

The one exception is handmade gifts. They are always welcomed and cherished.

However, if someone feels the need to spend money on me, rather than buying some thing, I would prefer they give the money instead to Mission Resource in my name. Or I can point them to several missionaries I would like to be able to pass some money to: Kate and Storly, Kacie and Mikken, Joel, Joshua, or Kelli. 

On Christmas morning, support for a missionary and a chocolate covered marshmallow Santa would make me the happiest. 

And the Santa isn't necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment