Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, November 25, 2021

GOLDEN GATE THANKSGIVING

One lonely Thanksgiving Day, while seemingly every other American was surrounded by family and eating turkey, I spent the afternoon walking across the Golden Gate Bridge. I was working in California for a few months following college graduation, before I would be seeking "a real job" come January. 

Not my own photo!

I had the week off and definitely by that Thursday, I had discovered that my plan of driving up the coast to do some solo exploring was not really as fun as it had sounded in my mind. 

As I stepped onto the bridge that day, I decided to challenge myself to see how far I could get while listing off to God all the things I was grateful for.

The bridge is 1.7 miles across. I made it half way before my list was depleted.

I do honestly believe that today, three decades later, with all the ups and downs of life (and God's incredible ability to turn the downs into some of the best ups), I have a gratitude list that would get me across the Golden Gate Bridge and back. 

(And material blessings, although abundant, are way down my list.)

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment