Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, November 26, 2021

ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP

Today was the first meeting of a new small group for men that I have agreed to lead. It's kind of a requirement for one of my classes, but my motivation is more about finding a couple of other guys locally who can work together to challenge each other to keep advancing in our faith. 

So far there are just three of us and we are a very international group: our backgrounds are American, Haitian, and Nigerian. We plan to meet every Friday afternoon at 4:30.

The church gave me the names of six men who have recently expressed an interest in joining a men's small group, but when I contacted those six by email, one one responded. I think this shows two realities: 1) there is a hunger among men for real connection, especially centered on faith issues but also 2) when the opportunity presents itself, it is tough to commit to an accountability group and so easy just to stay stuck in the familiar status quo.

Still, three is a good number for a start and I am looking forward to seeing what God has in mind for this gathering.


No comments:

Post a Comment