Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, November 21, 2021

OLIVET VISIT

Another good day.

Melissa and Sarah and I left home about 8:45 this morning and picked up Caleb at his Wabash dorm. (Unfortunately, Samuel had too much schoolwork for him to get away from Ball State this weekend.)


Our ultimate destination was to visit Hannah at Olivet University south of Chicago. On the way we stopped briefly on the edge of Purdue University for brunch.

Look at these cheesy smiles:



Part of our excuse for the timing of our visit was the opportunity to catch a home basketball game and see our nephew Alex perform on the court.


It has been decades since I sat in the bleachers for a basketball game!

The game meant that my brother Spencer and his wife were also around for the day, so it was good to have some relaxed hours with them.


Some good cousin time:



After the game, we all went out for burgers and then bowling. Now Caleb is spending the night with Alex and Sarah is bunking at Hannah's apartment and Melissa and I are in a hotel room, planning to sleep in tomorrow morning.

I don't remember the last time I spent an entire day preoccupied with such happy thoughts and enjoyable moments. It was enough to take my mind off all the normal pressures of life and for that I thank God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment