Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, November 19, 2021

(ALMOST) LIKE OLD TIMES

"Your wife is nice."

I heard this more than once this past week from some of my 8th graders. 

And how did they discover what I already knew? 

Melissa, in her role as director of education for Clarity, often gets into the local classrooms to share about sexual risk avoidance as part of the schools' overall health curriculum. This past week she was at my school, interacting with some of my students.

It was just one period a day, and she and I were in two separate classrooms on opposite sides of the courtyard, but it was still a great feeling knowing she was there and seeing her in the hallway. On Tuesday she even took me out to lunch during my prep period, after she finished teaching her class. 

One of the things we miss most about our time in Haiti is the opportunity to spend our days working together under one roof. 

This was a good week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment