Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, August 8, 2021

THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT?

I made the mistake this evening of going to see a movie with my three oldest kids and a couple of their friends. Spending time with my kids is not usually a mistake, but I guess it is when it involves watching something like Suicide Squad

I didn't do my research ahead of time and so the sheer volume of gratuitous violence caught me entirely off guard. A movie treating human life so cheaply is an automatic turn off for me, so in my mind there was nothing else about it that could possibly qualify as entertainment. 

Hundreds of deaths took place on screen, typically in the most gruesome manner possible. Good guys, bad guys and innocent bystanders alike. And worst of all, most were played for laughs. 

I was not amused.

I come out of a movie like that depressed and disturbed. At least I only paid 5 bucks to feel miserable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment