Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

STARTING TOMORROW

 God willing, tomorrow will bring two things:

1) Caleb, home after a month of basic training

and 

2) The first day of a new school year for me.

I was going to make a joke about feeling greatly conflicted about tomorrow, not knowing whether to be eager or depressed, but in actuality, both of these things are going to be good.

Obviously I am excited to see Caleb but I am also (mostly) eager to get going again at school. 

And although I felt a bit depleted by the end of last school year, this year will be different. For one thing, I get to see the kids' faces. (No mask mandate at our school at present, knock on wood.) 

For another, it will be good to start the year in August and set the tone of my classroom from the get go. I am convinced now that much of my difficulty last semester came from jumping into someone else's class mid-year. 

Furthermore, this year will feel different because I am experimenting in big ways with my entire approach to the classroom, based largely on the reading I have done over the past year. We shall see what works and what doesn't. Either way, it will keep things interesting. 

There's much to look forward to, starting tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment