Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, August 21, 2021

PLANS CHANGE

Our plans changed today at the last minute. Melissa and I were supposed to be driving three hours north to celebrate my aunt and uncle's 60th wedding anniversary all afternoon. 

This is my mom's side of the family and we were really looking forward to catching up with all the various families coming in from all over. Ever since my mom passed away, these sort of opportunities are more precious than ever. Not to even mention the fact that SIXTY years of solid, godly marriage? Yes, that deserves celebration!

But then ... Covid. 

I don't have it and nobody in my family does. But I have been fighting what I believe to be - with 99% certainty - a simple sinus infection. And in this age, you just don't go somewhere when you're not feeling healthy. I certainly didn't want to pass anything to anybody else and, besides, I needed a quiet, restful day at home if I have hopes of recovering before the new week begins. 

So it was disappointing, but staying home did open up a margin in my schedule to allow some other things to happen. I got a nap, for instance, but I also got to spend time with Caleb, who returns to college on Monday. And I spent three hours on the phone reconnecting with an old friend with whom I haven't spoken for at least 6 years. And it was such an encouraging conversation. 

So, I can't complain. 

I guess the pandemic has made us all more accustomed to our plans being turned upside down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment