Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, August 8, 2021

A BAD PROCRASTINATION HABIT

I am seeing everything through the framing of "habits" these days. And it is proving to be helpful.

Most of my focus is on starting new good habits, on both the personal and the professional level. But part of my attention has gone to a particular bad habit I have of putting off even small tasks indefinitely.

I never recognized this as a habit before because it manifests itself in such various situations at all times of day. 

Here are some recent real examples: 

I pull the minivan into our drive, notice an empty chip bag in the passenger seat and think, "I should take that inside and throw that away ... later."

I walk past the flower bed, notice a giant, ugly weed and think, "I should pull up that weed ... later."

I step over a tool I left on the back deck several days ago and think, "I should put that away ... later."

Upon reflection, I have to admit that I have done this for years, even on the smallest of duties. 

But I am glad to report that I am now cautiously optimistic that I am turning this around. 

I am eager to tell you how I am doing it ... later.

(Tomorrow. I am trying to establish good sleep habits and it is bedtime.)

No comments:

Post a Comment