Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

STANDARDIZED TESTING

It's the third full week of school and my 8th graders are spending 4 of their 5 available class periods taking standardized tests in English. (And 2 in math.)

Next week I will be expected to print out reports for all 75 students, analyze their weak areas and begin to develop plans to remediate those who are behind grade level in various skills. 

This is side work while continuing to develop lesson plans from scratch, grading each paper in a timely manner, addressing individual behavior issues, communicating with parents, answering daily emails, and keeping the online learning platform up to date for any student quarantined at home. 

And actually teaching six classes daily. 

Don't get me wrong - I am thankful to have a job. But a contract that says I can do all this within 7.5 hours weekdays is ludicrous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment