Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, August 27, 2021

IT WAS A GOOD RUN

Melissa and I eluded Covid for nearly a year and a half, but it finally caught up to us. 

Melissa tested positive a few days ago and it has hit her pretty hard. Nothing that is trending toward a hospital visit by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely miserable.

I guess now I had Covid myself a few days before her, but mistook it for one of my ongoing sinus battles.

It is such an odd disease. It is difficult for me to comprehend how it has been so deadly for so many when for me it has ranked no worse than dozens of sinus infections I have endured over the past decade or more: I ran a temperature of 100.4 for a couple of hours one night, fought sinus gunk and a headache for a few days, and felt a little more tired than normal. It was only within the last day or two that I lost some of my sense of taste. 

I guess we are not out of the woods yet, but I can't help comparing Covid to the time most of my family got Chikungunya in Haiti. That was much worse. The exhaustion that came with that disease left each of us pinned to the couch and the joint pain continued for months.

On the bright side, Melissa and I definitely made the right call in not going to my aunt and uncle's big 60th wedding anniversary celebration last Saturday. That was the day Melissa developed a sore throat and it was a few days after my "sinus infection" had started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment