Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, August 16, 2021

13 SHORT YEARS

I cannot wrap my head around some aspects of the modern junior high experience, making it difficult for me to reach and teach some students.

How can a person be just 13 years old and yet be
  • oozing negativity and hatred?
  • completely cynical about school?
  • ever ready to confront authority figures with absolute disdain?
  • stressed to the point of eminent mental breakdown?

Thirteen short years on this planet and this is where they find themselves?

I can't help but wonder what forces of evil lie hidden in the background. 

To be clear, this is a small percentage of the student body. But it doesn't take too many kids in this state to completely alter the atmosphere of any classroom - or the school as a whole - for the worse. 

As much as I wish it wasn't so, I know there are no quick and easy short-term fixes. So I am going to pray. 




No comments:

Post a Comment