Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 190 - Case for Battery Powered Drill (Throw)

I got to spend the evening being a Neighbor to my neighbor.  The house across the street had water gushing out of their kitchen faucet.  A good bit of the water was not going into the sink and down the drain; it was going onto the countertop and then down to the floor.  They couldn't seem to figure out how to turn the water off. 

We eventually got the water off and then I offered to help remove and replace the old faucet.  My neighbor's elderly father showed up with a new faucet, so I stuck around to help remove the old one.  (There was no way this man was going to be able to get down on the floor and get his head under the sink to work.  He was wheezing just getting up the 10 or 12 steps to the kitchen!)

It took us a couple of hours - literally - just to get the old faucet out.  And it came out in pieces! It had obviously been there MANY years.

Anyway, in the process, I made about twenty trips back and forth across the street to get various tools from my house.  I came across this case that used to house a battery-powered drill ... which I took to the recycling center about two years ago!  So it's just been taking up space on the shelf... feeling useless!

No comments:

Post a Comment