Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 170 - Shopping Bag Collection and Assorted Papers (Throw)

Sorted through a whole bunch of old papers to put in recycling...

Among the papers:
Numerous Brochures -
     Epcot Center
     Kennedy Space Center (1984)
     Wall Drug
     Mammoth Cave
     Badlands
     Faneuil Hall (Summer 1987)
     Coca-Cola Museum
     Various Summer Camp brochures from  
             camps I worked  
Also:

Flight Itineraries (Saudi Arabia and Scotland)
Easter cards from Grandma Gross
Various Photos
Thank You Cards
Newspaper Clippings
Wedding Announcements and Programs
Church Bulletins
Obituaries
Cats Playbill
A Kwanzaa Card ... from Luke and Gavin

And just to show that my pack-rat tendencies also have a romantic side, here are some of the hearts I found on the floor of my house on Valentine's Day of 2000, when Melissa and I were dating.  She let herself into my house (I left it unlocked - she didn't have a key.  Just sayin'.) and spread hearts all over. 

Now that I think about it, it's a good thing I was head over heals in love with her already (we'd only been together for a month and a half) or I probably would have thought, "PSYCHO!!"  Ha!


And then there was my shopping bag collection.  I actually used to collect bags from various places I visited.  You might be thinking, "Psycho!!", but they are truly the perfect souvenir for tight wads!  On some of them, I thought ahead and recorded the year right on the bag and I have included some of those dates here.
Bags:

Cactus Jack's, Keystone, S.D.
Conner Prairie
Epcot Center
World's Only Corn Palace (June 1988)
Norman Rockwell Museum
Brookfield Zoo of Chicago (1983)
Orange Ring of Florida (1980)
Major Hospital (Probably the clothing bag from my hernia operation over spring break of my sophomore year at Wabash!)
Urbana Missions Conference of 1987
Sea World
King's Island
Mt. Rushmore
The Big Apple (in Al-khobar, Saudi Arabia!)
Golden Gate Bridge
Georgia's Stone Mountain Park
The Luxor Hotel of Las Vegas
Warner Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment