Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 173 and Day 174 - Hats and Shirts (Give - to the Ginormous Clothing Drive)

I must confess that I was none too happy when Melissa informed me that she had signed our family up to help sort clothes during the "Ginormous Clothing Drive" that our church sponsored last Saturday.  The only upside I saw was the opportunity to get rid of some more clothing out of our closet.  Mainly I was irritated about the time commitment:  8:30 to noon.  We already had Dats' soccer game at 9:30 and I didn't want to "kill the rest of the morning".  Ha!  Shows you how mission minded I am!

Most of our small group families also showed up and, from what I understood, my older brother's small group was the one that got the ball rolling on this project and then organized it.

And it was quite the production, too!  Bags and bags of clothes had to first be sorted:  first, the unworthy clothes got tossed out, then the remaining clothes got sorted between Kosovo-bound and Honduras-bound trucks. 

Here are some pics from the day:




View of Dats from inside the truck.



Soccer break!  Unfortunately, Dats' team lost 4 - 0.



My niece Lauren ... looking a bit confused about
where to send a scarf.


The Princess takes a doughnut break.


My other niece, Kiersten, (aka "The Skunk") shows some shoes that were deemed fit for neither Kosovo nor Honduras.


My brother, Spencer, acting as jungle gym for Ida and loving every minute of it.


My sister-in-law, Kristine, a bit unsure about some of the clothing.


Keri seems to truly be having a good time. 
Or is she faking it? Hard to tell...


Melissa was somewhat upset that I didn't have any good photos of her to post on Facebook when I had everyone else.  Maybe it's because I didn't want to use my flash, so in order to get a good photo, my subject had to hold still for a few seconds - and Melissa was in constant motion. 


"Hot Pickle/Jelly Bean" looks thrilled to help out!




The truck with the shipping container in front of the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment