Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 187 - Pencil Holder (Give)

This is another ceramic piece I made years ago (29 to be exact) in Gladys Brandenburger's basement shop.  It was my favorite pencil holder and graced my desk all through high school and college.  It got packed away at some point and hasn't seen the light of day for at least 10 years.

I took it to school and one of the eighth grade boys asked about it.  I told him what it was and that I was giving it away.  He took it to use as a cheap gift for his Mom (or Dad... he couldn't decide!). 

He asked if the pencils came with the holder.  I said, "Sure, take the pencils."  So he grabbed a handful, walked across the room to another student, shoved the pencils at his classmate and said, "Here ... now don't ask me for another pencil the rest of the school year!"


(Some other kid had earlier asked to have the pencil holder to use for target practice with his shotgun!  He got denied.)

No comments:

Post a Comment