Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 178 - Stained Glass Wabash Sign (Throw)

My parents gave this stained glass creation to me many years ago.  Wabash is the college from which I graduated ... way back in 1990!  I'm sure they paid good money for it.

Unfortunately, I had it hanging in my classroom and last summer, while all the various construction projects were going on all over the school, it got broken somehow.

I came in one day to find it smashed and thrown on top of a filing cabinet.  No note.  No explanation.  No "Sorry about that". 

That sort of behavior irritates me.

So it's been stashed away in my classroom for nearly a year now and I had in mind that "someday" I would try to repair it. 

It wasn't a complete pipe dream.  I actually do have the means to repair stained glass, but it's a difficult process and it never looks "good as new".

I can't really hold onto it anyway, but it would have been nice to pass it along to one of my Wabash friends instead of throwing it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment