Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 172 - Birthday Card (Give Back) and 1975 Cincinnati Reds Program (Give)

I embarassed my niece by returning this birthday card in front of a class of her peers.  Fortunately, she's got a good sense of humor AND she's come a long way as an artist, so she was able to laugh about it - along with everyone else. 

But she wasn't able to tell me if those things were supposed to be hearts or flowers.

I don't have a picture, but my second Give was a Cincinnati Reds "Scorecard" program from 1975!  Pete Rose was on the cover! 

Apparently, my packratting started early.  In '75, I would have been 7 years old!  My brothers and I went to a few Reds games with Dad when we were kids.  I always enjoyed the atmosphere more than the game itself.  I remember one game where a drunk fan kept yelling random, slurred "insults" at Pete Rose like "Pete Rose is a hamburger!"

I gave the 1975 scorecard to a co-worker who I know is a big Reds fan because I always see him commenting on the Reds on Facebook.

Then I looked it up on-line and found it could have been sold for 30 to 40 dollars.  It didn't occur to me that anyone would pay for it. 

C'est la vie!  (I believe that's French for @#$%!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment