Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 134 - Fat Free "Italian Dressing" (Throw)

Into the trash where it belongs!
I think this is the first time I'm counting a food item as a Throw for the day (maybe not ... I have a bad memory and I'm too lazy to go back and look!), but it's been in the cabinet for quite a while - the sell date was last September (or I'd be tempted to give it to a food pantry or my mother-in-law, who apparently tolerates the stuff). 

(But if I weren't in the process of getting rid of stuff, it would have remained in the cabinet for several more years - I'm serious.  I keep picking it up, looking at the label and putting it back.  And I'm the only one around here that really eats salad.)

Let's be clear about this:  there is no such thing as Fat-Free Italian Dressing!  Who are they trying to fool?  What you have here is clearly SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY because half of real Italian Dressing is OIL and there is no such thing as fat-free oil.  It's impossible. 

Your taste buds get all motivated for a nice salad and ... Bleccchhhh! 

It's the same difference as between fresh peaches and canned.  At the word "peach" your taste buds get all hyped up anticipating a fuzzy, sweetly aromatic slice of heaven, but what you get instead is a gelatinous slab of corn-syrup-flavored rubber!

What a disappointment!  - canned "peaches" AND fat-free "Italian Dressing".  It does not even deserve to go by the same name, that's all I'm saying.

Don't even get me started on fat-free Oreos...

No comments:

Post a Comment