Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 121 - Washing Machine (Give) and Shelf and Computer Cabinet ...

It's the start of spring break for us so we need to get some work done around the house and see if we can really get this place sold.  We are hoping to get the garage roof replaced and do some other odds and ends and then have an open house next weekend. 

It was a beautiful day, so I started work on the garage - the inside.  It's worse than the outside. 

I wheeled out an old washing machine to the curb.  We ended up with an extra washer when we moved to Columbus and have had an extra one in the garage the whole time.  They were identical.  We used the one that came with the house until it broke down and then swapped them.

So this washing machine isn't currently operating, but I think an $80 part will do the job.  I investigated it at the time but then decided I didn't need to spend the money or the energy or the time when I had a replacement washer available. 

Someone must have been excited to get the washer - it was gone within an hour and a half!  The shelf went with it.

Melissa was certain the computer cabinet would not go anywhere.  I said it would.  It was a flimsy piece of Target-style "furniture".  But it was in relatively good shape - for sitting in the garage for four years.

Let the record show that I WAS RIGHT.  It took a little longer, but the cabinet disappeared sometime between Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.  I wasn't paying attention, so I don't know for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment