Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 132 - Water Damaged Cellphone (Give)

We cleaned out the "junk drawer" last weekend - one of the many odd jobs on the list before our Open House.

I guess Melissa imagined people looking at our kitchen - inspecting the countertops, upper cabinets, then going to open a drawer to check the quality and ... "WHAT IS THIS?  An overflowing junk drawer?  Let's go, honey.  I CANNOT live in this house!"

It could have happened.  If anyone had shown up.

Anyway, I found the old cell phone in the junk drawer.  I ruined it last summer when I put it in my swim suit pocket.  Melissa was away from the house and I was going to take the kids out to the pool by myself and, in case of emergencies, it would be nice to have a phone on the deck.

I just forgot to put it on the deck before I started cleaning the pool.

I was swimming around for ten minutes before I remembered the phone.  It was a goner.  No chance of recovery.  (This meant that MELISSA, not yours truly, got a new phone.  How does that work?)

Anyway, the science department at my school has some sort of fundraiser that involves collecting old cell phones.  Not sure what they do with them, but I don't care.  At least it's out of the junk drawer.

As I write this, we have another Open House planned for tomorrow.  We are praying for an increase - even a slight increase - in attendance!

No comments:

Post a Comment